Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jack's Circle of Friends

Being the only mom in my circle of friends has been tough but it's also an eye opener. When you start a new chapter in your life, you want to gravitate to those people with common interests or towards those that are a positive influence.

Since becoming a mom and having new priorities, my friendships have been evolving. I hold on tight and put forth so much more effort into the friendships that have meaning and have let go of the ones that have faded. I've learned that a few great friendships is far better than a lot of acquaintances and am starting to open my eyes to a lot of great new people with similar interests.

Jack and I have met some friends throughout our new chapter in life and today I want to celebrate our circle of mommy & baby friends and thank them for being there. It's a different sort of bond that we share and an understanding if "something comes up" because after all, our babies rule of mommy world and call all the shots!

The people that we surround ourselves with in life shape who we are or who we want to become. I am grateful for all the people that I choose to have in our life and look forward to making new friendships; for myself and my family.

Here is Jill and Ethan. Jill and I worked together at my previous job and became really close before we were pregnant. Jill had Ethan in August and continues to be a big support person through all the trials and tribulations of motherhood. She is my go-to mom with all of my questions!



This is Jack's buddy William. Will was born one week later than Jackson and his mommy Erin and I were pregnant at the same time. I met Erin through work and this bond continues to grow stronger as our boys grow up!





My newest friend is Danielle. Her little guy is Ethan (just turned 1 in March!) and we met through Jack's Gymboree Play & Music class. She and I have a lot in common - she inspired me to start blogging again - and we keep in touch on a daily basis. We are starting to plan plenty of playdates (picnics, zoo visits, and luncheons) outside of Gymboree and get to know each other more.



My cousin Shelly has two adorable boys name Josh and Joe. Josh is five months older than Jack and I can see how Jack looks up to him. I am making more of an effort to visit with Shelly and the boys (as they live 10 min away!) because she is a great person to be with and I know that Jack can benefit and learn so much from Josh. Also, holding Joe (who is only 5 months) makes me want to have another little one!










6 comments: