Monday, April 12, 2010

Ready for the Magic

On a whim we booked a trip for five to Walt Disney World in Florida and we are just too excited to sleep! My amazing in-laws are going with us on Jack's first trip to the Magic Kingdom and we will be staying at the Carribbean Beach resort on the Disney grounds. To me, there is nothing like going somewhere for 6 days where you can completely transform yourself into a kid again and enjoy everything there is that is Disney.

I think I was destined to be a mom because I am so playful and in touch with my inner child. Before Jack, I used to be a nanny for two kids and all we did was play! To this day, I love Harry Potter, Disney movies, I still watch the Disney Channel and cannot wait to have a little girl to play dress up and pretend with her. I thrive on playing and making the environment for children as fun and magical as possible. This is probably why I am the most excited for this trip -next to my mother-in-law who shares similar interests.

Thankfully we stalked the airlines for a while and found a great deal (direct flight on Midwest) for quite cheap. We purchased a seat for Jack and his carseat to make the 2 1/2 hour flight a little more manageable. After all, he is a big boy and I couldn't imagine myself or my husband holding him and him sitting still for that long. Money well spent!

We also did a great job with planning when to go. We wanted to go somewhere when the Wisconsin weather became cool but also had to keep in mind the timeline if I happened to get preggers again. We decided and booked our accommodations and park tickets for the Sunday after Thanksgiving - Nov 28 - Dec 4.  This is going to be such a memorable trip!

Of course in order to prepare for our Disney trip, I had to purchase some clothes for Jack to dress the part and get familiar with some important Disney characters. I bought him some pijamas on sale at the Disney store -thinking he would fit into them in November- but he is wearing them now. It looks like I will have to make a Toy Story baby Jack blanket to go with Jack's Woody pijamas!!

I took this picture this morning while Jack was playing with his toys. I think this is beyond adorable, he's almost posing! He sure fits the part and looks like the sheriff of all his toys. I have no doubt in my mind that this kid will enjoy our Disney family vacation and maintain his child-like enthusiasm, just like his mama and nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment