Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The smell of Spring

April showers bring May flowers, am I right? What a perfect day to do absolutely nothing indoor or to run some errands. There's pouring rain (yes, we have been singing It's Raining, It's Pouring), lightening, thunder and water everywhere! I believe this is the first storm of Spring.

That reminds me, Spring to me = cleaning. My husband and I are trying to clean and organize everything in sight so that everything has its place and we can actually find it when we need it. Our home is rather clean to a visitors eye, but behind the scenes it is a mess.

Another Spring thing that I now get excited for is planting flowers. Last year we landscaped our home and poured a backyard patio for entertainment and I can't wait to plant flowers in the pots and "pink it up". To me, our backyard is serenity once the flowers are in bloom. We have a cherry blossom tree, lilac bushes guarding our fence, burning bushes, lillies and more. My goal is to eventually convince my husband or dad to build me a large flower box of a garden. I thought it would be cute to paint on the side and say "Mama's garden". I always wanted one of those when I became a mom! Maybe a mother's day gift. (my husband better be reading this!)

Jack is very quiet right now eating his Cheerios and watching the rain hit the kitchen window. I wonder what he thinks about. If he only knew how much fun we were going to have outside - under the sun, rain, clouds and snow.  Watching this rain makes me so grateful and blessed that we can cherish these moments and anticipate more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment